Max the 10-year old Rottweiler swallowed more than he bargained for when he was offered a strawberry.
Not only did Max swallow the juicy strawberry, he swallowed the spoon too for good measure! Vets at pet charity, PDSA, had to perform emergency surgery on Max, from Leeds to remove the teaspoon. Max’s owner Annette Robertshaw, of Wakefield, Yorkshire, said her brother Colin had been visiting her and was eating some strawberries when Max took a shine to them. Colin offered Max one on a teaspoon but was caught by surprise when Max swallowed the teaspoon too. Pictured above is an X-ray of Max’s tummy with the spoon clearly visible.
PDSA Veterinary Surgeon, Daniel Cook, said: “I have never seen a dog that’s eaten a teaspoon before although we do see lots of odd things that dogs have eaten, such as socks and children’s toys.”
Apparently Max has since lost his appetite for strawberries.