|Chocolate Biscuit Cake||
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
An easy treat to make with children. Always a big hit with friends and family. Cut into squares and enjoy! It’s quite rich especially when made just with plain chocolate.
- 8oz Digestives or rich tea biscuits
- 4oz Butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 level tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 6oz Plain Chocolate or ½ milk choc/½ plain
- Place biscuits in a thick plastic bag and break up into small pieces with a rolling pin. Place in a bowl.
- Put butter, sugar,coca powder and syrup in a pan and melt over a low heat.
- Add to biscuit crumbs and mix.
- Press the mixture into a 8inch square tin/container.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of water.
- Cover the biscuit mixture and mark it with a fork.
- Refrigerate until cold and set.
- Cut to whatever size squares you fancy with a warm knife to slice through the hard chocolate. Store in an airtight tin. Or in the fridge.